WMS Casino and Pokies Reviews for New Zealand Players
The US-based company is one of the oldest casino gaming providers in the gaming industry. Currently, the company provides games that have been integrated into various jurisdictions including New Zealand. Here is a review of the provider;
The company’s inception dates back to 1943 where it was founded under the name ‘William Manufacturing Company’. The supplier started its career by providing pinball and video arcade games for the land-based casinos. It was only until 1994 when the company first ventured into the slot market which had gained popularity as opposed to the arcade games that were declining in the 90s. Before that, WMS got to become the first provider in the US to launch a first virtual lottery machine where players could experience interactive gameplay. This was back in 1991. It was also through this period (the 90s) that other popular games by WMS that are still played to date were introduced. This included; Filthy Rich and Jackpot Party.
In 2013, WMS merged with Scientific Games Corporation becoming a wholly-owned subsidiary of the latter and since then, the company has been growing from strength to strength providing a huge range of casino games to operators. It is also in this phase that the transition to the online market was achieved. Currently, WMS has laid its focus on the slots but other casino games are also available as we shall see.
WMS currently has not had the biggest game collection in its arsenal with fewer than 150 casino games available. The major focus has been on the slots but few table games have also been provided. What’s standard on these games, especially the slots, is that players will be appealed with the high-quality graphics available, smooth and an interactive interface, favourable RTPs that go well above 95%, among other standout features such as free spins, multipliers, scatters, and wilds. The only downside is that no autoplay option is offered on the slots while at the same time, no function has been made available to help control the speed of play.
On to the software aspect, all WMS games are available for play using the ‘Instant Play’ format which means that players will not be required to download any other software to play games or install other plug-ins to access the titles. However, not all WMS games are built using HTML 5 and this means that not all games are compatible with browsers such as those on mobile. But, the majority of the games can be accessed.
WMS provides over 100 slots to operators and some of the leading slots are as follows;
- Montezuma – Available for both online and offline players and stands as one of the most successful masterpieces from WMS. The key highlight is the free spins feature that comes with a multiplier and unlimited re-trigger function.
- Raging Rhino – Another popular release by the developer and offers a ‘bonus guarantee’ feature. Other features available include free spins rounds with multipliers.
- Amazon Queen – The slot has features such as free spins and scatter symbols.
- Bruce Lee – The movie-themed slot sees two bonuses offered that will see free spins awarded and the addition of wild reels
- Zeus III – This is one of the top games that is highly-rated by players.
- The Wizard of Oz
- Black Knight 2
- Top Gun
- Star Trek
Other casino games are also available at WMS casinos but more needs to be done on these categories. Players can enjoy 2 roulette games with a version of Let It Ride and Three Card Poker provided. No blackjack, baccarat, video poker, or live dealer games are available.
The casinos listed below are some that have incorporated WMS gaming portfolio and boast of the best aspects such as huge promos & bonuses, good mobile platform, vast banking options, great customer service, among others. They include;
Why Choose WMS
Here are some of the reasons you can choose WMS games and WMS casinos;
- Slots given a priority over other games
- Partnered with Scientific Games to boost its customer base and content
- Experienced provider
- High-level security and fairness guaranteed
- Games are also available on land-based casinos
- The developer uses ‘instant play’ format on the games
- Some games run using HTML 5 format
What we don’t like at WMS
A couple of things don’t sit right with us and these calls for more improvement;
- Fewer or no games on other categories
- Not all games are compatible with browsers
- WMS software is not available for download